Mary Pollett's Bio
Mary Hiền Pollett is running for Evergreen School Board in 2022 because she knows the world our children grow up in is becoming more unpredictable. In these challenging times, we need compassionate leaders with a balanced and broad perspective who ensure the safety of our students and staff. We need leaders dedicated to education. We need Mary Hiền Pollett.
Many know Ms. Pollett as an award-winning teacher and principal. Her dedication as a teacher, including years at Leyva Middle School, and principal at Yerba Buena High School, earned her accolades from the City of San Jose, Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors, the California State Assembly, California State Senate, and US Congress member Zoe Lofgren.
Before these educational successes, Ms. Pollett was a 20-year-old immigrant who knew no English and had nothing but the clothes on her back. While attending night school and community college, Mary worked as a manicurist and seamstress. With much perseverance, she was accepted to UCLA. She earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics and her Master’s Degree in Administration (Education).
She was taught to value hard work, the importance of education and the power of community. Ms. Pollett is grateful for everything our country has given her. She is dedicated to supporting our children so that they can have a future filled with success and joy.
Please vote for the leader our Evergreen community needs -- Mary Hiền Pollett.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Warrior Pride, Yerba Buena High School, 2013
- Commendation: US House of Representative Zoe Lofgren, 2018
- Commendation: California State Assembly, Ash Karla, 2018 & 2020
- Recognition: San Jose Councilwoman, Sylvia Arenas, 2020
- Commendation: State of California Senate, Jim Beals, 2020
- Recognition: Member of Congress, Zoe Lofgren, 2020
- Commendation: Santa Clara County Supervisor, Dave Cortese, 2020
- Commendation: Board of Supervisors, Otto Lee, 2021
- Western Association of School and Colleges (WASC) Visiting Team, Delhi High School, California, 2021
- WASC Visiting Team, Dixon School, California, 2018
- Initial Planning Curriculum (IPC), East Side Union High School District (ESUHSD), California, 2014- 2019
- Algebra I and Algebra II Benchmark Committee member, ESUHSD, California, 2008 - 2013